Friday, September 4, 2009

I Wouldn't Want to Get in Trouble!

Lately things have been pretty quiet around here, but I figured that I should update you before I get in trouble (again) for not maintaining my blog :). Dad went out to the oil rigs a few times and made it back home safely, so we are very excited about that! Hopefully he won't have to go back out too soon. I got into yet another small argument with a knife while cutting a bagel and Ryan got into a slightly larger argument with one while attempting to saw two frozen sausage patties apart. We have determined that we probably never should have registered for the really nice, really sharp butcher's block of knives. On the cooking note, we got adventurous one night and decided to attempt homemade funnel cakes! Quite an adventure it was...I was definitely standing guard with the fire extinguisher in hand among other putting-out-fire utensils. All went well and they were surprisingly good! We celebrated my Grandma Baileys' birthday with a small shin-dig at my parents' house...it was very nice and she had a great time. And this one is just for my cousin Ashley-my cousin Shannon is apparently getting married! My family failed miserably in passing along this information! We found out on MySpace, but apparently Grandma and Mom already knew.
So all in all, we're doing pretty well and enjoying the quiet. I'm still loving my job and my volunteering and the golf season is starting to wind down for Ryan, but he has some things in the works for an interim job and for next season. We (and the dogs) are loving the cooler weather because we can finally start going for our evening walks again. The rest of September and October aren't looking so quiet, so we're enjoying it while we can! Hope everyone is doing well and has a wonderful weekend!

No comments: