Sunday, November 23, 2008

Holiday Season is Here!

Well, it's official...the holiday season is here!
We had my work party on Friday at the Dallas World Aquarium, which was pretty nice. The party in general was slightly lack-luster, but it was still nice to get dressed up and get to hang out with work people outside of a work scenario. The aquarium was pretty cool, too! Surprisingly, we had never been there. I still am wondering why we had a holiday party even before Thanksgiving, but I guess it's not really mine to worry about anyways and I need to just be grateful for that opportunity and that my bosses cared so much to throw us a party at all. :)
Then, we had a family Thanksgiving get-together on Saturday. My mom's side of the family usually does Thanksgiving on the Saturday before so that more people are able to come and it's not a stretch for families to go to multiple places on Thanksgiving Day. It was great to see everyone, but my Ashley and Belle weren't there, so it just was not the same. In addition, we also have a tradition of going out to Hibachi on Saturday night (yes, after we over-stuff ourselves with Thanksgiving food) which we decided not to do this year. It was needless to say...different this year. Like I said, I really enjoyed getting to see the people that were there...but I have some ideas up my sleeve for next year :) Everyone get prepared now! Lauren's taking over Thanksgiving!! Muah hah hah
Thank goodness this work-week is only 3 days, that makes me very happy! Then we get to share Thanksgiving with Ryan's family and my dad's side of the family.
We wish everyone a very safe and happy Thanksgiving this week! It's great to have this opportunity to reflect on the blessings in our life, which I'm sure we could all do a little more often.

No comments: