Thursday, June 11, 2009

Here's What You've Missed...

Ok, so here's what you have missed since I went on a little blogging hiatus! This is gonna be long, so sit back and relax!

1. I still really enjoy my job in the clinic! I've been grumbling lately because they (management) decided to take us to a hospital-based clinic which means that we have to do about twice as much work and were introduced to a few new computer systems, which anyone knows is not all that fun! It doesn't help that I don't personally see any real value to the employees or the patients and the new computer systems are WAY less efficient/easy to use than our older ones! Surprising, I know. Nonetheless, I still love where I work and what I do.

2. I took the GRE (did decently...but not fantastic) and applied to PA (physician assistant) school! Yay! It's just a waiting game now, so I'd really appreciate your prayers and support until we find out if I get in or not.

3. Ryan was working for Gold's Gym...then he got laid off, BOO! We could kind-of see it coming about 2 weeks out, so we did our very best to prepare mentally and financially. We know this is for a reason that we just can't see right now and truly think it is for the best. In the meantime, he has been working on his golf game (more to come on that...and it's GOOD news!!) and he's also been volunteering through the church. He has certainly been keeping busy between all this and looking for a job!

4. Ryan played in a second Golf Channel Tour tournament and placed 3rd again which I think it royally unfair because he's the only guy whose golf cart broke down and had to carry is 50-pound bag for the whole tournament! The first two guys tied and were only 1 stroke better, so I really think that if he hadn't had to carry that stupid bag, he could have tied or beat them! Then, he registered for a 3rd tournament on this amateur tour, but obviously this is just not for him...the course closed the tournament after he had already played 16 (of 18) holes because they didn't plan very well and had another tournament that was supposed to start at that time. All of the players were completely disqualified after spending their money and a whole day out there, which just bites. After that incident, we dropped the Golf Channel Tour...can you blame us??

5. We celebrated Tom's (Ryan's dad) 60th birthday! He didn't want to do much, so we just went out to eat with the whole family, and all had a great time.

6. GREAT news! We got a good rate to renew our lease...we don't have to move! Thanks again to all those who helped us move in a year ago...you must be just as happy as we are!

7. Mom, Dad, Lee, Cheryl, Aimee, Ryan, and I all went to Disney on Ice! We had a blast and acted so NOT our ages! It was very good...much better than I expected it to be. The best part is that we got this crazy hat in the shape of Flounder from the Little Mermaid and he is now our own traveling gnome-we're taking him everywhere and taking pictures with him! You can think it's crazy, but we're having fun.

8. Ashley and Belle came to town and were introduced to Don Pablos (one of my favorite restaurants ever!). I also found out that Belle knows how to scream...thanks Ashley. Love ya!

9. I still volunteer at Rocky Top every Saturday and absolutely LOVE it! It's awesome to have that relationship with the kids and to get to see them improve so much every week. It doesn't hurt that I get to play with the horses every weekend, too. We had our volunteer appreciation party and participated in the equestrian events of Special Olympics. I think this is a really good place for me right now and couldn't be happier...it's for such a good cause!

10. A new experience...I am letting my dermatologist (yes, the one that electricuted me, if you'll remember...) use laser treatment to help a place on my cheek. It used to be a beauty mark/mole until I picked it to death. Then it started to bleed every time I washed my face. This is crazy new for me, but it's really helping. Kinda feels like little bitty rubber bands popping (only 3 times) but doesn't quite hurt that bad. The mole gets mad right afterwards and turns a darker color, then turns back to normal color and starts to just disappear! Kinda creepy, but really cool.

11. Our family friends Dani and Tim Robinette celebrated their son's birthday with a party at Alley Cats where we all got to bowl and play games together. One of the kids won a jackpot on one of the games and won an RIDICULOUS amount of tickets! He could barely spend them all! Afterwards, the girls headed to the mall and had a great time while the boys went to an array of random places...place that sells pool tables/hot tubs, wood carving shop, etc...strange boys. It was great to have that time with everyone and we all kinda let loose!

12. Occupational Health at UT lost my entire medical record...that's says good things.

13. I celebrated my one year anniversary at UTSW! Maybe all not in one place, but that's ok!

14. Stan and Natalie had their second baby...Clayton Joe! He was about a month early, but everyone is healthy. Congrats guys!

All right...I think that's about all that you have missed out on. I'll try to get some pics up here soon and I have a few more stories on the way, but you needed to be caught up first! Thanks for reading!!

No comments: