Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Crazy Things That Happen Around Here...Part 1

Ok, this story is from like 3 weeks ago, so I'm sorry it took this long to get it posted!
It all started on a Wednesday night...I got off work as usual and headed home to let the pups out to potty. The skies were pretty clear and it was hot as normal for a June evening...that becomes important later! So I let them out and grab my stuff to head out to our church class where I was meeting Ryan since he played golf that afternoon. The drive is about 20 minutes, and as I drove, I noticed that it started to get cloudy. When I was about 1/2 way there, I noticed that it also started to get windy and cooler. When I was about 5 minutes away from church, Ryan calls me kinda flipping out going "where are you!?". I start telling him and he tells me to either get there quickly or turn around and go home because the tornado sirens are going off! I get there and can barely park my car because it's bouncing in the wind! We run inside and get into the stairwell with everyone else. It's crazy windy (estimated wind speeds were around 70 mph), raining, and of course...the sirens are still going. When they finally stop, we found that water is leaking up through the floor and floorboards in about 3 places in the halls of the church and school, so we're running around with the pastor, his wife, the kids from the camp that day, and the people from our class all trying to mop up the messes and keep them from spreading. Our class is supposed to start at 7 and by the time we got everything and everyone situated, it had almost stopped raining, and the storm had pretty much passed...it was 8:15, so needless to say class was cancelled for the evening. Once we got dinner and got home, there was no more storm to be seen and the weather was pretty much back to normal...crazy Texas weather. This incident in itself isn't what made these days crazy, but it certainly played a part! Keep reading!

No comments: