Thursday, August 27, 2009

I passed out...again.

For those of you who remember that stupid mole that I had to get removed off my back (again!)...well I got my external stitches removed and as many of you may suspect, it didn't go all too well. It started off great...my incision looked perfect and all 6 stitches came out without a problem-it didn't even really hurt! They got me all bandaged up and gave me my instructions/restrictions, then told me I could leave. Wonderful, right? I told the nurse that I thought it would be a good idea to stay seated for a minute before I left-if you'll remember, last time I passed out at the check-out desk. I think she thought I was in a little pain, not going to pass out, because she said "Okay, well I'll be right outside the door if you need anything, just let me know when you're ready to leave." So she leaves, and I go out like a light. I had that same eerie feeling from when I passed out in McAlisters-I woke up, realized where I was, and knew it wasn't good. It's almost more of a disappointment! I sat there until I could kinda fall off the chair and safely make it to the floor to lie down and as soon as I got onto the floor, the nurse came back in and nearly flipped her lid! Then the usual...water, a fan, and lying on the floor with my feet propped up for about 20 minutes. I got up to leave (now with the nurse's assistance) and my doctor saw me and nearly flipped her lid and made me sit back down because apparently I was still way too pale. The pregnant receptionist that had to catch me last time I passed out saw me and sadly knew exactly what happened, so she sat down to chat with me for a while. She was kind enough to share the previous story with the new office staff... :) Apparently I'm like the only person to pass out (twice) in the dermatologist's office.
So anyways, the stitches are out now and I'm healing up quite nicely. Hopefully the danged thing won't be growing back this time!

No comments: