Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Last week went by WAY too fast!

So here's the latest...
I had a mole removed from my back in January and the dang thing grew back! So they had to kinda go under it and remove some of the deeper layers of tissue to make sure it doesn't grow back. So now, I have about 10 stitches in my back. I didn't think I'd get along with stitches, but they're not too bad. I'm about to the point that they're just itchy and annoying now though, so I'm ready to be done with them. And that was my first experience with stitches! I also rechecked my troublemaker thyroid and apparently it's not enough of a troublemaker to take any action, so we're just going to recheck every few months to make sure nothing changes. That's pretty good news! Then, Mom took me shopping on Monday and we had a wonderful time! We also got to have lunch with Grandma and Tassy on Tuesday for Tassy's birthday. Side note...Grandma is doing well with her radiation treatments so far and the endoscopy found 2 stomach ulcers, but nothing malignant...YAY!
Ryan was in Wichita, Kansas last weekend for a golf tournament and he did really well! He shot a 69 (3 under par) and tied with 3 other guys for the last qualifying spot in the tournament. He beat 2 of them immediately in a play-off, but had to play the other guy stroke-for-stroke for 10 more holes! They'd already played 18, and now 10 more, so they were both exhausted. The other guy beat Ry on the 10th hole...he made a putt for birdie and Ryan par'd the hole. He was very disappointed, but knows that he played his best. Poor kid was so tired by the time he got home. We're looking at another tournament coming up on the Nationwide tour in Midland or putting him on the Adam's tour, which would require a little less travel. Who knows!?
As soon as Ryan got home, Goosey started throwing up...12 times in 30 minutes! We ended up taking her to the vet because it looked like she might be throwing up blood. They said that she didn't have a fever and didn't feel swollen, so they gave her some meds to stop the throwing up. Then, they gave her something that (if she had an ulcer or something) would adhere to any wound and keep it from bleeding internally. They said if she didn't get any better, they would run some scans and bloodwork to see if something else was wrong. The meds worked and she's all better! Now, Maverick has some random patch on his chest that we're having to wash off and doctor every day. We have no clue where it came from...it's not like he lives outside or even plays with anyone besides Goose and Tigger. Strangeness...
Hopefully I'll get some pics posted here soon! Mom is holding some from my birthday hostage, so that might take a little while. Anyways, have a good week!

No comments: