Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Health Update

First, Grandma Hill had her mastectomy on Monday and it went very smoothly. She had to stay in the hospital until Wednesday because she started to run a little fever due to an upper respiratory infection, but the surgery itself and recovery from that appear to be going well. The doctor seemed to think that the cancer had not spread to the lymphnodes or anywhere else, so hopefully this surgery will be the end of the cancer-talk for Grandma. Thanks again for your prayers and support!
On Tuesday, Ryan, my mom, and I had a meeting with my surgeon to set up my own lumpectomy for later this month. I'm very blessed by the fact that my tumor is not malignant, but nonetheless, the surgeon still highly recommended that it be removed as soon as possible. The surgeon did also find another much smaller mass, but it appears to be either internal scar tissue or fibro-cystic, so it will not need to be removed-thank goodness!
Brittany is doing all right, but she is in quite a bit of discomfort and the people in her household seem to be either passing around pneumonia or just coincidentally coming down with it at the same time, so please continue to pray for her health.
Please also keep my mom in your prayers-she has a lot on her plate at the moment!

No comments: