Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Relaxing Weekend...

We had such a nice weekend! Saturday, Ryan played golf in the morning with his dad while I ran some errands. I took Grandma and Grandpa breakfast from Whataburger, got my hair cut, went to a birthday party for a family friend's little boy, then headed back to Grandma and Grandpa's for a late lunch and to finish visiting with them, mom, Tommy and Gloria, and my Aunt Cherry. Ryan shot a 64 that morning at golf-that's 8 under par! Go, Baby, Go! Grandma and Grandpa are doing very well! They have plenty of help in town, so that makes it easier, but they are really doing much better than we anticipated. We got Troy (the birthday boy) some terribly abnoxious toys, so Ryan and I have been warned that "we're owed one." Oh well...he loved them! Then, that evening, I caved in and gave Ryan his birthday present (a Nintendo Wii!) over a week early. I have to admit...I'd had it since November, so I had kinda been taunting him with it, so I kinda felt sorry for the guy! Plus, if he knew this is what he was getting, then he could ask his parents or my parents for some games or something to go with it. So we ended up playing on that all evening and ordering in a pizza.
Sunday, we went to church and to lunch. We had planned on going to the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo, but were sadly mistaken and it doesn't start until NEXT weekend! Upon that sad news, Ryan and I went home to tidy up a little, then he headed back to the golf course for some more practice and I took the pups on a 4-mile walk, then spent about an hour at the dog park with our Husky/Wolf mix friend named Kota. Goosey got scared when some dogs started getting a little too rough, so she was actually the one to tell us that it was time to go home! Normally Mav gets tired or Ryan and I are ready and we have to nearly corner Goosey in order to leave, so this was a welcome change of pace. We had dinner brough in again that evening and just watched a little TV until it was time for bed...oh how relaxing it was! We were definitely ready to get the week started off on a good, rested note. Hope everyone has a good week!

No comments: