Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ringing in 2009

Well considering that I was very sick with a bad upper respiratory infection (which I am still fighting...ugh!) and that Ryan had to work New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, we had a very low-key celebration. We went out for Chinese food, perused Target for a game to play (with no luck), then tried Blockbuster for any good movies (again, no luck there either). We got home at about 9:30, got cuddled up on the couch, and watched the New Year's Eve shows as we barely kept our eyelids peeled open until midnight. Here are some pictures of our party-animal selves!




Ryan would prefer not to share his resolutions for the new year, and I don't really like to make "resolutions" for the new year, but maybe "goals" instead. Here are my "goals" for 2009:

1. RELAX! Last year, we had the wedding (and showers, rehearsal, honeymoon, etc.), a trip to the ER with a certain cooking incident and consequent days home in bed-rest, my college graduation, both of us got new jobs, we moved from Austin back to Dallas, and really tried to do anything and everything that we could once we got back. I want to sit back this year and enjoy life and all the blessings we've been given!

2. Pay closer attention to the way I treat my own body. Whether it's the foods that I put in my body, the amount and types of exercise I am getting, or the way that I am treating myself in a more spiritual/emotional way (including the way I let stress effect me), I want to pay better attention to what effects these things are having on me. I think this will encourage me to make more time for myself and to treat my body better.

3. Keep up with this blog and/or a scrapbook!

No comments: