Saturday, January 31, 2009

So it's been a while...

Sorry guys, I know it's been a while! So what's changed since last time? I had my preop appointment on January 22, at which I did not completely pass out! The nurse was really good when she drew my blood, and I got about half-way through my passing out routine, but she did a great job of keeping me from going over the edge. FYI, my routine is: start crying, can't speak anymore and breathing gets very difficult, start to melt over to one side, my eyes start to roll back in my head, my hearing goes, then I completely black out. I only made it to when my eyes started rolling back this time, so YAY! Everything else there went fine. Then I had my surgery bright and early on January 23, which was a good thing because it did not give me a whole day to worry about it. Although I have to admit, I was a mess at the hospital that morning (partially because they blew the vein in my hand, put the IV on the side of my wrist, then put another port on the other side of my wrist to draw blood-that one HURT!). The surgery went smoothly and as expected. They removed the entire mass and determined that it was what they thought it was-a fibroadenoma about the size of a golfball. It's been about a week since the surgery, and I haven recovered quite nicely. The surgeon said that the incision looks very good (it's about 2 1/2 inches long and all my stitches are internal) and I have been given the okay to do any activity that does not cause me pain or involve vigorous activity (jogging, jumping on a trampoline, stair-stepping, etc.). She said that the incision should be completely healed up in about 2 weeks and I will be good to go. We also got the results back from the skin biopsy that the dermatologist did on my back...it's benign! They removed the entire mole and no further treatment will be necessary. YAY! Many praises that all my stuff went so well.
Grandma had her second surgery on January 26. This time, she is experiencing more postop pain and had some more trouble coming out of the anesthesia. Her CT scan is scheduled for February 11, so we are really sitting on pins and needles waiting for the results of that scan. Hopefully this will bring good news for Grandma...it will be the first time in a long time that she's received good news about her health.
Brittany also got some pretty crummy news about her situation...the surgeon that her doctor referred her to is not willing to operate. I'm not sure what her plan is or who else she has appointments scheduled with, but I do know that this is very hard on her. I'll post any new information on her situation as it comes my way...
Here's to high hopes of February bringing good health our way! Please continue to pray for us all including my parents as all our situations and their associated stresses are starting to take their tolls...

No comments: